Long Term Care
Electronic Medication Administration
Ensure the 5 Rights
of Medication Administration:
- Right Resident
- Right Medication
- Right Time
- Right Dose
- Right Route
Use the IMAR Electronic MAR System to accomplish the following:
- Guide critical med pass functions.
- Prevent medication errors.
- Update electronic MARs and ensure high quality of care.
IMAR manages meds from a typical med cart equipped with a bar-code scanner, touch-screen monitor and an indestructible, liquid-proof keyboard.
To ensure accuracy, IMAR will do the following:
- Identify each resident by a photo on the medication screen.
- Warn you if:
- You select the wrong med.
- You about to give a med at the wrong time.
- The resident is allergic to the med.
- The med will interact adversely with other meds.
- Pending medications
- Meds about to be late
- Late meds
IMAR interfaces to the pharmacy for easy re-ordering. When you receive the meds, check them into the system using the bar code scanner.
IMAR interfaces to the Hi-Tech Clinical Records System to provide medication information for Quality Assurance reporting.